Monday, March 21, 2011

DONNA HAY'S BACON & EGG PIES

A friend recently gifted me a copy of Donna Hay's Fast, Fresh, Simple cookbook and last Sunday the boyfriend and I indulged in our first recipe; the egg & bacon pies. Check out my results below - pretty impressive for a quick and easy breaky! the perfect fluffy eggs...and I know its only Tuesday but I'm already looking forward to another weekend's breakfasts a-la Donna Hay!


3 Rashers of Bacon
3 eggs
1/2 cup of sour cream
1tblsp of parsley leaves ( I used fresh chives instead)

Preheat oven to 180˚c. Grease 2 ramekins/pie tins and line each with 1 1/2 rashers of bacon (next time I'm going to cook the bacon a little in a pan first for maximum crispiness). In a bowl whisk together the eggs, cream and herbs. Pour the mix evenly into the ramekins and bake for 25mins or until the egg is set. Serve with hot buttered toast.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...